SB 1440: Where are we now and what ’ s next?. Presenters: Lisa Lawrenson, American River College Ken Nather, CCC Chancellor ’ s Office Michelle Pilati, Academic Senate Jeff Spano, CCC Chancellor ’ s Office April 19, 2012. Agenda . Brief Background and Overview
Where are we now and what’s next?
Lisa Lawrenson, American River College
Ken Nather, CCC Chancellor’s Office
Michelle Pilati, Academic Senate
Jeff Spano, CCC Chancellor’s Office
April 19, 2012
SB 1440 (Padilla)
Ed. Code §66746-49
Co-Chairs:Erik SkinnerExecutive Vice Chancellor for Programs, CCC
Ephraim SmithExecutive Vice Chancellor and Chief Academic Officer, CSU
CCC Members: CSU Members:Eloy Oakley Superintendent/President Milton Gordon
Pamela Deegan Chief Instructional Officer Donald ParaCarsbia Anderson Chief Student Services Officer Douglas FreerSue Granger-Dickson Transfer Center/Admissions Dir. Sandra Cook Michelle Pilati Academic Senate James Postma
Beth Smith Academic Senate Andrea Renwanz-BoyleJeffrey Feng Student Senate Gregory Washington
Linda Michalowski Chancellor’s Office Eric Forbes
10. Course Outline of Record not uploaded.
9. For CTE proposals – Labor Market Information not provided.
8. For new degree programs – general statement on fees, admissions criteria, accreditation standards missing.
7. For new degree programs – general statement about available resources missing.
6. Missing explanation of place new program will have in curriculum.
5. Missing explanation of how the degree will benefit the students.
4. No summary table of major, GE, and elective units in Program Requirements.
3. Critical elements of CEC 66746 missing from Catalog Description.
2. Description of program area goals and objectives missing and degree title incorrect.
Missing or incorrect articulation and transfer documentation.
All CSU campuses will have at least one degree designated as “similar” in each TMC major offered by the end of the Spring 2012 term
Lisa Aguilera Lawrenson, PhD.
Associate Vice President of Instruction