MASTER QUOTE. OVERVIEW. COMMAND CENTRES. A. Data Command Centre. B. Quotes Command Centre. C. Import/Export Command Centre. D. Housekeeping Command Centre. SYSTEM SETUP.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
A. Data Command Centre
B. Quotes Command Centre
C. Import/Export Command Centre
D. Housekeeping Command Centre
This area allows you to setup your own company details. Once set up you only need to enter this area for future changes.
1. Enter your company details
2. Enter the first quote number that you wish Master Quote to use
3. Enter the directory where your MYOB data file is located. This will be where the file of accepted quotes created will be exported.
4. Click on the down arrow to link to the correct version of MYOB you are using, so that Master Quote can export in the correct format
5. Enter your MYOB General Ledger Account Number for Sales. This needs to be identical in MYOB.
6. This is the tax rate that will be calculate on all your items. If using the system prior to 1/7/00, this could be set to 0%.
7. If you only use a small number of items, it might be easier to make them all inactive on import, and then activate the relevant ones.
8. Move the default to “Print on my letterhead” if you do not want the company details printed on the quote.
9. Both Quote Message and Special Conditions can be set with a standard comment but both can be changed per individual quote.
NEW ITEM SETUP
This area allows you to setup your own items additional to those of your suppliers.
1. Enter a number to easily identify the product.
This can either be alpha or numeric, or a combination.
2. “Attach” to an Item Group for easy location. You will note that there is a Labour (User defined).
3. Enter a description for this item.
Click on Add
New Item to
4. Enter brief identification of measure eg Hours could be “hrs”.
5. Enter enter the relevant prices.
This area allows you to build your own kits. That is group materials and Labour used continually for the same process. When entering a New Quote you will just need to select the kit not the individual items each time.
1. You must enter in an “Item Number”,
eg. Kit 1 or Toilet.
2. Attach to group for easy location
Kits (User defined)
3. Type full description.
4. Select items to form kit
Note: The Trade and Retail Prices will be calculated automatically as you add items.
These will automatically adjust when new price list is imported.
SETTING ACTIVE / INACTIVE ITEMS
This area allows you to make your items either Active or Inactive this will minimize the number of items in the search area as the inactive items will not appear.
1. To locate the item or Group
you wish to modify, click on the
relevant section.Using the “Keyword
Search” only the items
containing this word or exact
combination will be displayed.
2. Click here to make
Active or Inactive. The
inactive items will not
be displayed in the search
area of the quote screen.
3. Continue with
your selection ,
then click on
This area allows you to enter new Quotes.
2. Enter order number.
1. Select Customer
The Quote number is
3. Enter Job/Site details.
5. Choose the desired
pricing level. See note
4. Set a Default Markup
or this can be by line item.
6. Click on this line to search
for item or click on Item
Search heading for more
refined search facility.
NOTE: Re 3. If you select Trade Prices you add a markup, if you use Retail Price you put in a negative markup eg -10.
NEW QUOTES - Searching
This page shows the various methods that can be used to locate an item quickly and efficiently.
1c. Type in a Keyword of the
Item you are searching
for then click on the
GO icon and a list of items
containing that word will
1a. Click on the Drop down
box next to Item Groups,
to search by their groups
1b. Choose one of the
Suppliers, then search
with any of the
1d. Highlight a word and click on the
filter with the lightening bolt to “filter”
just those items containing that part of
1e. Click on a column and then click on
the A-Z to get it sort in order of the
lowest to highest price. Alternatively, the
Z-A would give you the highest to lowest
2. Click to
3. The selected item will be shown at the bottom.
IMPORTANT:When adding a new line to the
quote, always TAB through the rest of the fields,
if you don’t use TAB the linewill not be totalled
nor included in the Quote Summary figures.
4. Click to add to quote. If you click
back on Line Items these items will
included in the quote.
NEW QUOTES - Notes
This page is specifically designed for directions on how to enter data in the “Notes” field.
This is where you would enter
the job descriptions. This can be
as long as you need but only the
first 255 characters will be
exported to MYOB
NEW QUOTES- Quote Summary
This page is designed specifically for directions on using the“Quote Summary” field.
These fields are
This area allows you to either modify the quote, or to accept the quote.
1. Find quote by customer or number,
click on the drop down box.
Click if accepted, and
today’s date is the default.
Copy a Quote for a similar job,
This area allows you to either reprint Quotes or Invoices, which have already been typed. It allows you to print the Compact Quote, Detailed Quote, Compact Invoice or Detailed Invoice. See below for instructions on how this is done.
1. Enter a number or
click on down arrow
to select the Quote to be
printed or click on down
arrow from list.
2. Click to Preview or
click on Print.
A Detailed Quote/Invoice will print individual products
PLUS the first part of your “Notes”.
A Compact Quote/Invoice will only print notes,
that is a description of job.
2. Make your selection of the type
or form you wish to print or preview.
This has just been a brief overview of Master Quote and its many features.
Please do not hesitate to call if you have any further queries.
Thank you for watching.