Grammar ---- the future. a) Future Perfect. By the end of the century, we will have discovered other places in our solar systems. At nine o’clock on Saturday morning, I will be sitting in the front row and listening to the great Professor Willard. b) Future Continuous. 将来完成时态.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
---- the future
a) Future Perfect
By the end of the century, we will have discovered other places in our solar systems.
At nine o’clock on Saturday morning, I will be sitting in the front row and listening to the great Professor Willard.
b) Future Continuous
1. 表示动作或者状态延续到将来某一时间为止已有若干时间, 谓语动词常用延续性动词, 并常伴有for引导的时间段。
By the end of next year I will have lived here for 18 years.
The class will begin at 8:00. It will have been on for half an hour when you arrive at 8:30.
When you come back, I will have been here for half an hour.
2. 表示动作或者状态在将来某个时间之前完成, 常与by the time, when, before等连用。谓语动词常用非延续性动词。
We will have graduated from high school by the year 2009.
I guess you will have finished your homework when I come to see you.
进行时态的用法: 某一时间点正在发生的动作; 或者某一段时间内一直发生的动作。
I will be visiting a friend in Guangzhou at 9 o’clock the day after tomorrow .
Cathy will be doing his part-time job in the next summer vocation.
Complete these predictions about the world in 2020 by putting the verbs in brackets either in the Future Perfect or the Future Continuous.
1. People (use) ____________ solar energy every day
will be using
2. People (use) ____________up all natural sources of oil
3. People (travel) ______________ into space on a regular basis
4. People (eat) ____________ only food created by specialists
5. Traditional farms (disappear) ___________________
will have used
will be traveling
will be eating
will have disappeared
6. Many new planets (discover) ______________________
7. Mars and Venus (explore) __________ ____________and (describe) ________ in detail
8. Scientists (study) _____________ the chance of people setting in other planets
will have been discovered
will be studying
Look at the programme of the
futurologists' conference and the
cues below(1-7).Write full sentence
using the Future Perfect or the
1. 5 p.m. on Friday- Prof Howard Green gives a lecture on alternative sources of energy.
At 5 p.m. on Friday, Prof Howard Green will be giving a lecture on alternative sources of energy.
2. Saturday Lunchtime- the participants listen to two lectures.
By Saturday lunchtime, they will have listened to two lectures.
3. 2:30 p.m. on Saturday – everyone has lunch.
At 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, everyone will be having lunch.
4. Saturday night- the participants have a reception.
On Saturday might, they will be having a reception.
5. Sunday morning- they identify a few problems of the future.
On Sunday morning, the participants will be identifying a few problems of the future.
6. Sunday noon- the participants attend the closing ceremony.
At noon on Sunday they will be attending the closing ceremony.
7. The end of the seminar –the futurologists discuss many important issues.
By the end of the conference, the futurologists will have discussed many important issues.