1. Hand out a set (in a zipper-type bag) of Metric Match Game cards to each student group. Students should not begin the activity at this time.
2. Explain to students that the purpose of the game is to form a 4 by 4 rectangle (4 across and 4 down) by correctly matching up the measurement conversions on the given Metric Match Game cards.
3. Every side of a rectangle that touches any other side of another rectangle must have a correct metric equivalent. For example, 1 m and 100 cm would match.
4. The identical measurement on two adjacent sides cannot touch. For example, the 100 cm side of a rectangle cannot touch the 100 cm side of another rectangle.
5. When ready, instruct students to begin the activity.