Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Power Point Slides by Ronald J. Shope in collaboration with John W. Creswell Chapter 13 Survey Designs
2. Educational Research 2e: Creswell Key Ideas Intent and use of survey research
Types of survey designs
Key characteristics of a survey
Constructing survey questionnaires
Designing and conducting survey interviews
What are the steps in the process of conducting survey research?
How do you evaluate survey research?
3. Educational Research 2e: Creswell What is survey research? Survey research designs are procedures in quantitative research in which investigators administer a survey to a sample or to the entire population of people in order to describe the attitudes, opinions, behaviors, or characteristics of the population.
4. Educational Research 2e: Creswell When do you use a survey? Assess trends
Opinions, beliefs, and attitudes
5. Educational Research 2e: Creswell How did survey research develop? 1817 International Survey of Education Systems
1890 Stanley Hall survey of children
1907 the Pittsburgh Survey examined social problems
WWI and WWII sampling techniques improved
Applications began to vary from social science to media
Universities established social science research centers
Private organizations such as Gallup, Rand Corporation, and Roper formed
6. Educational Research 2e: Creswell What are the types of survey designs?