Solomon User Group Meeting Menu Design for Dynamics SL WELCOME!. Objectives. Learn how to navigate the menu maintenance screen. Learn how to build a menu defined by process. Learn the differences for a menu defined by employee roles.
• Save – Save a new menu
• New Module Group – Add a module group menu and navigation button.
• New Module – Add a module menu and navigation button.
• New Screen Group – Add a screen group menu and navigation button.
• New Link – Add a connection between an application and Microsoft Dynamics SL.
• Delete – Remove a selected item.
• Move Up – Move a selected item up one level.
• Move Down – Move a selected item down one level.
• Preview Menu – View and edit a new menu before it is available to users.
• Module group — A collection of related modules. A module group has a name, description, and image.
• Module — A logical grouping of screens and reports that help a user perform a number of related tasks.
• Screen group — Screens that have a related purpose. Examples of screen groups include screens that produce reports or inquiries, or those that run processes. A screen group has a name, description, and image.
• Link — A connection between an application and Microsoft Dynamics SL. Click a link in the menu system to activate the application connected to it.
Wait a minute – let’s make this easier!
Just drag and drop
Delete the Modules you don’t need
Delete the Screen Groups and Links that you don’t need
Thank you !
Reading, Wilmington, Washington DC