Unit 4 – Flight and Space. Lesson 4.1 History of Flight and Space. Essential Questions 1. What engineering careers are specific to the aerospace industry? 2. What are the various types of flight vehicles? 3. Why are different flight vehicles designed differently?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Unit 4 – Flight and Space
Lesson 4.1 History of Flight and Space
1. What engineering careers are specific to the aerospace industry?
2. What are the various types of flight vehicles?
3. Why are different flight vehicles designed differently?
4. What were the first technological advancements that continue to lead to the advancement of flight?
5. What is the difference between airplane flight and space flight?
1. The aerospace industry uses engineers who specialize in many different types of engineering careers.
2. The history of aerospace studies has influenced how people meet the challenges of traveling through the atmosphere or in space.
3. Engineering designs in aerospace exploration evolve as they are developed.
4. Different types of vehicles result in different types of flight.
It is expected that students will:
· Apply their knowledge of research techniques to investigate the history of an aerospace vehicle.
· Experience the flight characteristics of kites, whirly gigs, model airplanes, hot air balloons, and model rockets.
· Utilize language arts skills to write a script and create a storyboard for an infomercial promotion of an aerospace vehicle.
· Students will understand why different aerospace vehicles are designed to perform different tasks.
· Students will develop an infomercial that explains their understanding of the impact a flight vehicle has had on the evolution of the aerospace industry.
· Students will engineer a model of a futuristic aerospace vehicle.
*What types of flight vehicles would you like to know more about
*What type of flight vehicles would you like to build
*What do you already know about flight?