Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
6. Cells and Tissues of the Immune System Lecture 2
7. Cells of the Immune System
Tissues/Organs of the Immune System
8. Cells of the Immune System
12. B Cells
18. Mononuclear Phagocytes
Monocytes and Macrophages
Antigen processing and presentation (APCs)
Activation of T cells
20. Origin and Development of Macrophages
22. Dendritic Cells Transport Antigens to L. nodes
Initiation of T Cell Responses
23. Dendritic Cell Subsets
26. Lymphoid Organs
27. Lymphoid Organs
28. Lymphoid Organs Primary (Generative) Lymphoid Organs
maturation site of lymphoid cells
bone marrow, bursa of Fabricius, thymus, Peyer’s Patches in Pigs and Ruminants Secondary Lymphoid Organs
efficient at trapping and concentrating foreign substances
site of Ag-driven proliferation and differentiation; e.g. Ab production
spleen, lymph nodes, diffuse tissues
29. Primary Lymphoid Organs
30. Thymus Site of T cell maturation.
Greatest in Newborn
Greatest at Puberty
33. Effect of Thymectomy in Adult
34. Bone Marrow Site of hematopoiesis.
Site of B cell maturation in mammals.
35. Bursa of Fabricius Site of B cell maturation in birds.
36. Peyer’s Patches Site of B Cell Maturation -Pigs and Ruminants
37. Secondary Lymphoid Organs
39. Lymph Nodes Local sites of specific immune response.
Strategically placed on lymphatic channels.
43. Spleen Site of immunological responses against blood-borne Ags.
White pulp rich in lymphoid cells.
Red pulp rich in Macrophages.
48. Circulation of Naïve and Activated/Memory