Joint Meeting of FIG Commission 3 and Commission 7 Sofia, 2010. UACEG. SURVEYING EDUCATION IN BULGARIA . Slaveyko Gospodinov¹ (1)University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Sofia. INTRODUCTION. UACEG.
(1)University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Sofia
2. Geodetic education
A rapidly becoming out of date
Competition in the educational market
An advanced in age teaching staff
Development of the scientific knowledge
An increasing work mobility
Low salaries of the lecturers
Incorporation with the European educational structures
ECTS and compatible with it national systems for accumulation of credits
A common frame of an educational-qualification cycle
All-European dimensions of the quality of teaching, valuation and accreditation
A giving of new educational possibilities for the citizens of the European countries
▪ a material base - morally and physically out of date;
▪ a lack of motivation in the potential new cadres of
the teaching staff;
▪ a lack of well-founded, consistent and categorical state politic;
▪ an arising tendency of non-manifest stimulation, from a part of the state, of private schools and universities;
▪ a practical lack of constantly regulated connections and interaction between those who are teaching, being taught and the consumers of personnel;
▪ a morally got old system for teaching and verification of knowledge;
▪ curriculums and syllabuses, got old as a conception, and not adequate to the real needs of life and the international norms;
▪ a lack of interdependence and mutual conditionality between the subject in high school and the subject in university.
▪ creating and imposing in the practice of a
uniform conception for development of geodetic
- hierarchical structure of mutually conditioning
and complementing stages;
- a system for creation, development and reproduction of a teaching staff;
- new curriculums and syllabuses.
▪ a change in the methods of teaching and examination.
▪ abolishing the unnecessary clampdowns and administration of the universities on the part of the state.
▪ an insertion of principally new system for financing the universities
▪ enrolling as an active part of the educational
process of representatives of the private business:
- creating of additional trusty guarantees that "needed" specialists will be taught;
- creating of possibilities for feed-back with the real consumers of cadres and providing of external corrective of the system;
- creating of prerequisites for a real and beneficial contact with the practice on the part of the students still during the education;
- renewing and updating the material base in the presence of mutually beneficial conditions.
The complex interdependences, which are active
in the educational system, condition the complex and multilayer character of the actions that should be made for transforming the Bulgarian geodetic education into an inseparable and comparable part of the geodetic education in an international scale.
Steps that should be made are clear in their entity and conditioned by objective tendencies developing in the past years. They are necessary hard, steady and categorical actions for unification of the resources of everybody who is directly or indirectly interested, of everybody who has the will and feels inside a calling to walk on the way that leads to one worthy future of the geodetic education in Bulgaria.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION!