2. Why screen for diabetes? . Undiagnosed diabetesLatent asymptomatic period in which the condition can be detectedType 2 diabetes undetected for up to 12 yearsVascular risk accumulates in undiagnosed50 per cent of people present with complications (CVD
1. Screening for Type 2 diabetes Alistair Hill, Public Health Consultant
Anne Smith, Clinical Quality Manager / Practice Nurse
(With acknowledgements to Kate Morel, Diabetes/Endocrine Nurse Specialist Manager, BSUHT)
5. 5 NHS Health Checks: A national vascular risk assessment and management programme
6. 6 Diabetes screening within NHS Health Checks
7. 7 How often to screen for diabetes?