Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Exponential & Logistic Functions Today you will examine exponential functions and identify and graph exponential and logistic functions.
2. What Youll Learn About Exponential Functions and Their Graphs
The Natural Base e
Logistic Functions and Their Graphs
Exponential and Logistic functions model many growth patterns, including the growth of human and animal populations.
3. What are Exponential Functions?
4. Identifying Exponential Functions Which of the following are exponential functions? For those that are exponential functions, state the initial value and the base. For those that are not, explain why not.
5. Finding an Exponential Function from its Table of Values
6. Determine a formula for the exponential function whose values are given.
7. Determine a formula for the exponential function whose graph is given.
10. Summary of Exponential Functions
11. Transforming Exponential Functions
12. Transformation of
13. Transforming Exponential Functions
14. Transformation of
15. Transforming Exponential Functions
16. Transformation of
17. The Exponential Function
18. Transforming Exponential Functions
19. Transforming Exponential Functions
20. Recap How do you tell if a function is exponential?
How do you determine a formula for an exponential function given a table of values? The graph?
Describe some characteristics of the graph of an exponential function.
How do you determine transformations of exponential functions?
21. Assignment A 4.10 Sect I
pgs. 286 287
#1-6, 11, 13, 19, 23, 39, 40, and 53.