Online Companion: A Student’s Guide to Online Success. League for Innovation March 6, 2005 Anita Crawley. Montgomery College. Located outside of Washington D.C. Campuses in Germantown, Rockville, and Takoma Park, Maryland
Online Companion: A Student’s Guide to Online Success
League for Innovation
March 6, 2005
Institutions must provide:
Online Companion: A Student’s Guide To Online Success
As of 1/12/05
As of 1/12/05
1. When did you first visit the website? 66%-1st two weeks of either fall or spring semesters
2. About how often have you signed into the website? 54% 0-10 times
3. Do you spend most of your time…?
43% Reading Content Pages (Getting Started, Online Success, Academic and Career etc)
38% Reading and responding to the discussion board messages
4. Did you meet other online learners and take your conversation offline?
5. How did you become aware of the Online Companion?
89% discovered the link on MyWebCt entry page linked under credit course
6. What was the most helpful part of the Online Companion and why?
38% content modules
7. What was the least helpful part of the Online Companion and why?
No clear pattern of answers
8. What suggestions do you have for improving the Online Companion?
84% positive or no suggestions
9. What other comments do you have about the Online Companion?
95% positive comments or neutral (two suggestions – improve navigation and marketing)
Distance Learning Counselor
Montgomery College (Maryland)