EPA NEW ENGLAND GREEN TEAM. National Environmental Summit May 10, 2006 Cynthia Greene, US EPA New England. OUTLINE. Background on EPA New England History - Treadlightly to Green Team Framework of the organization Actions to Accomplishments Model Elements for Success. BACKGROUND.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
National Environmental Summit
May 10, 2006
Cynthia Greene, US EPA
Congratulated staff with a recycled tire mouse pad:
I reduced 1,080 lbs of CO2 for New England
“Improve Agency environmental performance by integrating
environmental accountability into day-to-day operations, decision
making and long term planning”
- Electronic reservations to increase car pool
- Link to mass transit
- Saved > 1.3 M sheets of paper (>2,500 reams)
- Scan to pdf capability, Fax Sr, newsclip service, converting paper records, Agency reporting requirements
- all copy machines default to 2 sided
- Janitorial supplies changed to EPP
- Annual Clean-up days in each division, recycled over 22 tons of paper (>63 lbs paper/person)
- Green notes
- Annual Green Expo with over 60 vendors and collections for HG devices, techno-trash, etc.
- Environmental policy
- Employees trained and EMS established
RA – Business acumen
Each Office Director - champion of a subteam
Earth Day, Stewardship Initiative, Resources Conservation Challenge, Greening of Government, Executive Orders