. What is Envirowise?. A Government funded programme for businessesConfidential advice to UK businesses enabling them to improve profitability and reduce environmental impactFree help for all UK businessesSupport Businesses to make environmental improvements and SAVE MONEY. Resource Hierarchy.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Envirowise: The FastTrack to Cost Savings Matt Freestone,
Envirowise Helpline Advisor
3. Resource Hierarchy
4. Why Should You Minimise Waste? Pressure to reduce costs of production
Increasing cost of waste disposal
Fiscal tools introduced by legislation
Supply chain focus on brand development and responsible business practice
Stakeholder pressure and expectations
5. The True Cost Of Waste: Water
6. Cross sector issues Resource Efficiency
Solvents / VOCs
Measurement & Benchmarking
7. What Are The Barriers? Lack of……...
Fear of change
8. Where can we get help? Environment and Energy Helpline
Gateway to Envirowise services
Any environmental queries
Specialist advice over the phone
Other sources of information - especially local
Requests for publications and visits
9. Industry Sectors Ceramics
Food & Drink
10. Where can we get help? Publications & Tools
Good Practice Guides
Performance Guides - Benchmarking
E-update & BrickSandMortar, Leaflets, Videos, Software
Up to date news
Local information pages including events, Resource Efficiency Club map and information
Search for and download publications
Interactive helpline pages
Links to other sites
11. Where can we get help? Onsite Visits FastTrack:
Flexible service, tailored to company’s requirements
Specialist advisor on site; confidential, action orientated report – focus on cost savings
Small, medium and Large companies from most sectors
Focus on a product’s impact over its lifetime
Compliance with WEEE, ELV, RoHS and Packaging regulations
Practical Action Plan – redesign ideas
12. Case Study GC262: Small Companies Reduce Waste and Save Money Waste Alert South Thames Waste Minimisation Club
53 members, 38 of which employed less than 25
Offices, educational, healthcare, retail, printing, markets, public houses etc.
newsletters and a programme of workshop and seminar events
one-to-one site support
a ‘waste exchange’ to enable members’ waste to be reused, recovered and/or recycled by third parties.
Annual cost savings of over £33 000
Annual waste savings of 121 tonnes
Improved networking across boroughs
13. Case Study CH65: Statistical Process Control Saves Money Fenner Conveyor Belting (FCB) based in Hull, made process control improvements using Statistical Process Control which allowed the Company to:
Make annual savings of £104,500 with immediate payback
Identify total annual savings of £209,000; and
Achieve significant savings in the consumption of raw materials and reduced solid waste by 40 tonnes/year.
14. Case Study CH66: Cost Savings Through Improved Waste Management From reclamation of product from waste streams and good housekeeping measures, Hodgson Chemicals Limited:
Made first year cost savings of £240,000 with a payback period of five months.
Identified potential annual savings of £580,000; and
Achieved significant reductions in liquid, solid and gaseous emissions.
15. Average savings achieved Feedback from previous work shows that Envirowise has helped businesses integrate Resource Efficiency into their decision-making process and achieve year-on-year savings of:
1% of turnover or
16. Where do savings come from?
17. Summary Waste costs much more than most people think
We can help you save money and become more profitable
All businesses need to respond to new legislation and supply chain pressures, we can help you do this
If you think Envirowise can help you, ask!
Complete an Envirowise Action Plan for easy access to services.
18. Any Questions? Helpline: 0800 585794 www.envirowise.gov.uk