POP. DESCENT OF ANY OF THE PELVIC ORGANS BELOW ITS NORMAL POSITION IN THE PELVIC CAVITY .. POP. One of the commonest presentations in gynecological practice.11.1% of 80 years old women have been exposed to the risk of POP . Olsen 1997. 22.7 per 10000 women had one operation for POP in one year
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE POP HESHAM A F SALEM MD
2. POP DESCENT OF ANY OF THE PELVIC ORGANS BELOW ITS NORMAL POSITION IN THE PELVIC CAVITY .
3. POP One of the commonest presentations in gynecological practice.
11.1% of 80 years old women have been exposed to the risk of POP . Olsen 1997.
22.7 per 10000 women had one operation for POP in one year in the discharge list of American hospitals .
SUBAK 1998 has estimated the direct cost of POP surgery to be 1012 million US $ / year in the USA.
4. POP MORE THAN 50 % OF WOMEN UNDERGOING SURGERY FOR POP PERFORMS MORE THAN ONE PROCEDURE IN SINGLE SURGERY .
ARAH RINGOLD ET AL 2005
5. POP 29.2% RECURRENCES .
Scaring and fibrosis produced by conventional surgery restores only 50% of tissue strenghth .COSSON ET AL 2003 .J GYN OBST BIOL REP .
58% recurrence rate after I year of surgery in a prospective study . whiteside et al 2004 AM J OB/GYNE.
GOAL OF TREATMENT IS TO RESTORE ANATOMY ANF FUNCTION .
6. Rectocele and mucosal prolapse of the anus