Sickle-Cell Anemia. • Homozygous Dominant ( HbA , HbA ) normal hemoglobin • Homozygous Recessive ( HbS , HbS ) abnormal hemoglobin • Heterozygous ( Hb A, Hb S) normal and abnormal hemoglobin normal hemoglobin more abundant.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
• Homozygous Dominant (HbA, HbA)
• Homozygous Recessive (HbS, HbS)
• Heterozygous (Hb A, Hb S)
Note: Hemoglobin is a protein in red blood cells carrying oxygen.
• Pain crises
• Acute chest syndrome (a life-threatening pneumonia-like illness)
• Cerebrovascular accidents
• Splenic and renal dysfunction
• Chronic anemia
• Susceptibility to infections