Working with Your M, TLD. August 3, 2011. Do Now. Fill out your nametag with your first name in LARGE BLOCK LETTERS on one side , and one word which describes the teacher you are aiming to be on the other side EXAMPLE:. Christine . Happy. Agenda. Introducing your M,TLD
August 3, 2011
Fill out your nametag with your first name in LARGE BLOCK LETTERS on one side, and one word which describes the teacher you are aiming to be on the other side
1) I was born in California, but grew up in Massachusetts.
2) I went to Bates College.
3) I lived in Senegal for six months.
4) I play on 3 different rec soccer teams.
5) I taught MS and HS French for 5 years in Baltimore City.
6) I just married my Institute sweetheart.
7) I co-founded and co-coached a boys rugby team at my last school.
8) I was a CMA at West Philadelphia HS at TFA’s 2008 Summer Institute.
9) I beat my former school’s technology teacher in sumo wrestling at our school’s fair three years ago.
10) I believe ALL students are capable of learning and achieving at extremely high levels.
Introduce yourself including:
My reflections on my past . . .
My vision for my future CMs . . .
The fire that will keep me going . . .
Please check out a more detailed narration of my vision in the folder for this session
What will be YOUR fire?
Questions to Consider:
Directions: Draw a picture or write a description of what it is that will fire you up each day as you work
relentlessly to become a transformational teacher for your students.
What are the implications of these differences in terms of our abilities to effectively work together?
Just as a teacher wears many hats and is involved in many aspects of a school and school community; a Manager of Teacher Leadership Development wears many hats and is involved in many aspects of our regional and national organization.
Develops and executes
Engages in authentic
CMs to push
and drive towards
for next year’s corps
Team as needed
with district partners,
Engages in regional
and national trainings
to develop our own
What will this mean for our work together?
Coach: CMs and I are purposeful and grounded in student achievement.
Manager: Execute team priorities, develop skills, follow-up
Cheerleader:Support you and celebrate your successes - big and small
Partner: We’ll interact as people, and remember the mission that brought us both here!
1) How should we work together?
2) What will our work together look like?
Let’s talk about norms . . .
How do these norms we’ve generated apply to leadership in other areas outside of our team?
Forging authentic relationships with students, families, colleagues, and Teach For America staff members
Establishing a powerful vision/big goal and beginning to invest their students/influencers
Independently pursuing the learning, solutions, and resources they need to have a meaningful instructional start to the year
Please complete the CM Survey so that I can begin to learn more about you as an individual so that I can be the best support possible in the upcoming school year!!!