Welcome to our Short Story Unit. (1) Plot : The chain of events that make up a story. It shows the cause-effect relationship of events and actions within a story. . Plot Triangle. (4) Climax : An intense emotional point and where the outcome of the conflict is decided (the turning point).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
(1) Plot: The chain of events that make up a story.
It shows the cause-effect relationship of events and actions within a story.
(4) Climax: An intense emotional point and where the outcome of the conflict is decided (the turning point).
(3) Rising Action:The series of events (complications) about the conflict in the story that lead to the climax
(5) Falling Action:All of the action which follows the climax
(2) Exposition:The introduction of the story where setting, characters, and conflict are introduced
(6) Resolution: The conclusion; the tying together of all of the threads
A struggle between opposing characters or forces
Without conflict, there is no plot.
(11) External Conflict: A character struggles with an outside force: Character vs. Character
Character vs. Nature
Character vs. SocietyTypes of Conflict
(12) Internal Conflict: A character struggles with himself or herself:
Character vs. Self
Things are not always what they seem.
(14) Dynamic characters: Change over the course of the story
(15) Static characters:Stay the same throughout the course of the story
(16) PROTAGONIST:The main character in a work of literature
(17) ANTAGONIST: The character OR force opposing the main character
All other characters are minor characters