Age of Absolutism Part C. In the late 1500s, who became the first Bourbon king of France? Henri IV 2. Basically, what did Henri IV end? Henri IV largely ended the French Wars of Religion between Catholics and Huguenots (French Calvinists). 3. What is Absolutism?
Age of AbsolutismPart C
2. Basically, what did Henri IV end?
3. What is Absolutism?
4. What was the Divine Right of Kings?
5. Who was the best example of an Absolutist monarch in Europe?
6. During the reign of Louis XIII, who exercised great power in the French government?
7. What did Richelieu do relative to the French State?
8. What did Richelieu do relative to the French nobility?
9. What did Richelieu do relative to France’s rivalry with the Hapsburgs of Austria and Spain?
10. What did Richelieu do relative France’s involvement in the Thirty Years’ War?
11. In many ways, what was Richelieu’s biggest accomplishment?
12. When did Richelieu die?
13. When did Louis XIII die?
14. In what year was Louis XIV born?
15. In 1643, Louis XIV became what?
16. From 1643 to 1661, how might it be said that Louis XIV reigned but did not rule?
17. During these years, who was one of Louis XIV’s key advisors?
18. When did King Louis XIV of France take over the reins of power?
19. When Louis XIV took the reins of power in 1661, how did he become the “Sun King.”
20. What did the nobles do at Versailles?
21. How did this make Louis XIV more powerful?
22. During his reign, what did Louis XIV have?
23. What were some of Louis XIV’s greatest achievements in the New World?
24. What did Louis XIV do to France’s eastern frontier?
25. What did Louis XIV do for France’s economy?
26. What was one of Louis XIV’s greatest economic failures?
27. What blunder did Louis XIV make relative to French Protestants?
28. After the Thirty Years’ War, what two Germanic states emerged as important countries?
29. In the 1500s, who was the first Czar of Russia, and who made Russia a larger power?
30. What Russian family ruled Russia from 1613 to 1917?
31. In the late 1600s and early 1700s, what did Peter the Great (a Romanov) do that transformed Russia?
32. What are some examples of how Peter the Great transformed Russia?
33. By the 1780s, where would Revolutions begin the eventual dismantling of royal authority in Western Civilization?