Some of the worst gender ratios, indicating gross violation of women’s rights, are found in South and East Asian countries such as India and China. The determination of the sex of the foetus by ultrasound scanning, amniocentesis, and in vitro fertilization has aggravated this situation. No moral or ethical principle supports such a procedure for gender identification. The situation is further worsened by a lack of awareness of women’s rights and by the indifferent attitude of governments and medical professionals.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Dr.Sujnanendra Mishra, MD PATNAGARH
female feticide is Aborting a female fetus after sex determination test.
Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques include
It is estimated that a dowry death occurs in India every 93 minutes.
In order to continue possessing ones property, even after death, the need of an heir, a son, became necessary .
The birth of a son is regarded as essential in Hinduism and many prayers and lavish offerings are made in temples in the hope of having a male child.
Son as Social Security for old age
India has one of the lowest sex ratios in the world
WikiProject India Maps
RURAL VS URBAN males
?? Closer to facility
CHILD SEX ratio
Dr.Sujnanendra Mishra males
Sex Ratio males (Females per 1000 males)
It speaks of a whole Society that has gone corrupt, desiring destruction of half its population, Are we secular, social, and human?.In Modern India a woman is regarded as a commodity and marriage has become more of a business alliance than a sacred bond between two souls.
• 1 out of every 3 girls does not live to see her 15th birthday
• One-third of these deaths take place at birth
• Every sixth girl child’s death is due to gender discrimination
• Females are victimised far more than males during childhood
• 1 out of every 10 women reported some kind of child sexual abuse during childhood, chiefly by known persons
• 19% are abused between the ages of 4 and 8
• 28% are abused between the ages of 8 and 12
• 35% are abused between the ages of 12 and 16
• 1 out of 6 girls will not live to see their 12th birthday
• 3 lakh more girls than boys die every year
• Female mortality exceeds male mortality in 224 out of 402 districts in India
• Death rate among girls below the age of 4 years is higher than that of boys. Even if she escapes infanticide or foeticide, a girl child is less likely to receive immunisation,
nutrition or medical treatment compared to a male child
• 53% of girls in the age group of 5 to 9 years are illiterate
• Every year 27,06,000 children under 5 years die in India. And the deaths of girl children are higher than those of male children.
Women Achievers higher than that of boys. Even if she escapes infanticide or foeticide, a girl child is less likely to receive immunisation,
????? MANY MORE ELIMINATED BEFORE THEY COULD ……….
‘Where women are honored higher than that of boys. Even if she escapes infanticide or foeticide, a girl child is less likely to receive immunisation,
there Gods are pleased;
But where they are not honored
no sacred rite yields rewards.’
Laws of Manu