Bell-ringer: 11/13/12: Review of Vocab. Copy and complete the following sentences using the word bank: A. Requiem B. Valiant C. Munificence D. apparitions E. Ambivalent F. Equivocation
1. The _____________ warrior continued to fight against the three headed monster despite having a broken arm and no shield.
2. Ashley and Kim refused to visit Aunt Mabel; her home was notoriously known for strange sounds and frightening ________________.
3. If it was not for the overwhelming _______________ of the unknown donor, I would not have been able to have my lung transplant.
Classroom notes and slides.
Definition of tone:
Examples of tone:
2. Describe the mood of the opening scene? Provide examples to support your answer.
3. Define alliteration:
4. Provide an example of alliteration.
5. How are witches viewed in Elizabethan society? Why do you think witches were used in the opening scene?
1. My manipulative brother was known to always ___________ his customers; he was a true salesman who sold nothing but low quality merchandise to innocent people.
2. I dread commuting in the car with my grandpa; he is extremely ___________ and consistently bickers with my mother.
4. Identify the three prophecies:
5. What do the Weird Sisters see in the future for Banquo?
Copy and paste the passage lines 127-142 into your notebooks.
Underneath the passage identify the difference between a soliloquy and an aside.
Underline two examples within the passage that suggest the idea of equivocation.
4. The differences between Macbeth’s reaction and Banquo’s reaction
(5 sentence min)
Make sure to include the following:
1. A compound sentence joined by a comma and conjunction.
2. A compound sentence joined by a semicolon.
Copy and correct the following sentences.
Bell-ringer: Create a two column chart and list the topics in one column and the right type of report in the second column. List a few details and ideas as to what you would research etc.
Symbolism of Birds represent?
“We cannot choose our external circumstances, but we can always choose how we respond to them.”
How do the following characters foil one another?
Macbeth versus Macduff
Macbeth versus Banquo