Statewide Criminal Justice System Plan 2007 - 2008. Division of Planning, Policy and Research. Criminal Justice System (CJS) Plan.
Statewide Criminal Justice System Plan2007 - 2008
Division of Planning, Policy and Research
DCJS is charged to develop a comprehensive, statewide, long-range plan for strengthening and improving (law enforcement and) the administration of criminal justice throughout the Commonwealth and periodically update that plan (Code of Virginia §9.1-102.25).
1. Create a framework for short and long range decision-making;
2. Establish a foundation for more detailed analysis and planning; and
3. Promote system improvements.
An important piece of the CJS Plan process is the establishment of the Oversight Committee represented by:
- Commonwealth’s Attorneys’ Services Council
- Department of Corrections
- Department of Correctional Education
- Department of Forensic Science
- Department of Juvenile Justice
- Virginia Parole Board
- Virginia State Police
The Secretary of Public Safety has selected each of you to be actively involved in this comprehensive process, as your agencies and your constituencies play an integral role in the criminal justice system.
Other socioeconomic factors related to
risk of elevated criminal activity include:
Annual Review - TBD