Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Human body cells are organized as tissues, organs and systems 11.1 Cell Organization
2. Cell Organization
A system is made up of parts that work together as a whole.
Each system of the body consists of organs that are made up of different kinds of tissue.
Tissue are themselves made up of many similar cells working together to carry out a specific function.
A bike is made of many different parts such as the wheels, chain, cables and break pads.
Each part of the bike plays a specific role and it is all of these parts that allow the bike to work properly.
4. Characteristics of a System
A system is made up of individual parts that work together as a whole.
A system is often connected to one or more other systems.
If one part of a system is missing or damaged, the system will not function well or may not function at all.
Imagine this: if the break pad on your bike were not working what would happen???
5. Tissues Tissues are groups of similar cells. All muticellular (made of many, many cells) organism have tissues.
These tissues are classified according to the function they perform.
See page. 422 and discuss the different types of tissue there. What function does each tissue provide, is this why it is different from the other tissues?
6. Organs are groups of tissues
Organs are distinct structures that perform specific functions
Each organ in the body is made up of two or more types of tissues that work together.
7. Tissues of the Stomach Look at page 423 in your textbook. How many types of tissue do you see there?
8. Organ Systems are Groups of Organs
Organs are organized into organ systems to perform activities that help the body as a whole.
Can you name the organs involved in the Circulatory System, the system involved in moving blood ? Hint there are 5
The organs in the circulatory system are: heart, arteries, veins, capillaries, veins, blood (tissue)The organs in the circulatory system are: heart, arteries, veins, capillaries, veins, blood (tissue)
Questions: Page 423 1-4
Activity: Read page 424
Pig Parts for People?
11. Check your understanding questions:
Page 425 1-4, 5 and Pause and Reflect
12. Introducing Human Body Systems There are 11 body systems Circulatory
Human Body Systems Foldable
14. Check your understanding:
Page 431 1-4, 5-6