Preliminary PhD workplan Magnus Aune Wiedmann. Myself. Magnus Aune Wiedmann 27 years old, married to Ingrid, no children Master in Marine Ecology, University of Tromsø, spring 2010. Supervisors: Ole Petter Pedersen & Kurt Tande Worked as research assistant at UiT autumn 2010
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Magnus Aune Wiedmann
- Capelin larvae are also threatened by numerous other factors.
- Ecosystem fluctuations
- fisheries modifies age compositions and increase fish abundance variability (Hsieh et al. 2006)
- Study the number of species vs. the number of individuals at specific areas through time.
- Establish a ”vulnerable species list”
- Are we ”fishing down the foodweb” in the Barents Sea?
- This will be connected to their redundancy.
- Study early warning signals by means of potential changes in fish abundance variance and autocorrelation
- Estimate engineering resilience
Daufresne, M., Lengfellner, K. and Sommer, U. 2009. Global warming benefits the small in aquatic ecosystems. Proc. Nat. Ac. Sci. 106: 12788-12793.
Hsieh, C., Reiss, C.S., Hunter, J.R., Beddington, J.R., May, R.M. and Sugihara, G. 2006. Fishing elevates variability in the abundance of exploited species. Nature 443: 859-862.
Levin, S.A. and Lubchenco, J. 2008. Resilience, robustness and marine ecosystem-based management. Bioscience 58: 27-32.
Scheffer, M. et al. 2009. Early-warning signals for critical transitions. Nature 461: 53-59.
Wilmers, C.C. 2007. Understanding ecosystem robustness. TREE 22: 504-506.
Wilmers, C.C., Sinha, S. and Brede, M. 2002. Examining the effects of species richness on community stability: an assembly model approach. OIKOS 99: 363-367.