Presenter : Kyra Young SCS Program Coordinator. Networking 101. SCS Career Planning Webinar Series presents. How to Participate in the Webinar. 1) Chat & Questions . If you do NOT have access to a mic and do not call in with a phone, you can use the Questions feature
SCS Career Planning Webinar Series
1) Chat & Questions. If you do NOT
have access to a mic and do not call in with
a phone, you can use the Questions feature
to type a question that you want to ask to
the presenters. At the end of the
presentation, the facilitator will read out
loud any questions that come through this
2) Raise Hand. For most of the webinar,
all participants will be in listen-only mode,
meaning they will be muted. When the
presenter opens the floor for questions,
people will not be unmuted unless they use
the Raise Hand function.
A relationship with someone who can help you ___________________.
YOU define, create, and sustain YOUR NETWORKS through the
cultivation of mutually beneficial, give-and-take relationships.
Description:Representation of the relationships in your life by importance, strength, and costs & benefits.
Purpose:Helps you define, create, and sustain your relationships.
1) The innermost circle represents you. Write the names of closest relationships in 2nd circle and names of distant ones outside the circles.
2) Draw lines from you to each name based on the strong, weak, and difficult scale.
3) Draw arrows at the end of the lines symbolizing who gives and takes from the relationship. Hint: If no one gives or takes, don’t draw an arrow.
It’s not always about what you know but WHO YOU KNOW.
Issue: Need letter of recommendation?
Who do you know?:mentor, professor, counselor, employer
Issue: Need a summer job?
Who do you know?:Kyra at SCS, friend’s dad owns company
You should also use your networks when a friend is in need. However, use your better judgment to avoid a favor becoming a habitual expectation.
2)Ask [easy] questions
3) Ditch the sales pitch
4) Share your passion(s)
6) Share the conversation
Most importantly, BE YOURSELF!!!
Seven (7) Tips
For more detailed information, see article: http://www.entrepreneur.com/blog/22