Eat Like A Rainbow I like to eat like a rainbow Builds my body and it makes my brain grow Helps my heart beat and my blood flow I like to eat like a rainbow Red, orange, yellow, green The tastiest colors I\'ve ever seen I like to eat food that\'s purple and blue Colorful foods are healthier too Colorful food makes a colorful meal And that really colors the way that I feel I\'m livin\' in a colorful way I eat like a rainbow every day Colorful sunsets, and colorful jokes Colorful flowers and colorful folks Colorful shirts and colorful pants I eat from the rainbow of colorful plants
come and eat here
All vegetables (eg beans,
All fruit(eg apples,peaches,…)
1. What do you think should go into a good meal?
A good meal should contain some food from each of the three categories above.
3. Look at the title of the reading passage and the pictures. Predict what the passage is about.
“ Come & eat here ”
Reading strategies:Make a guess according to the title before reading.
Read the text quickly to find out which sentence is the main idea of the text.
1.The two restaurants supplied the healthy food.
2.The reason why Yong Hui’s restaurant was so popular with customers.
3.Wang Pengwei found out why he had lost his customer and decided to win them back.
1. Usually Wang Peng’s restaurant was full of people.
2. Yong Hui could make people thin in two weeks by giving them a good diet.
It would take longer than that.
3. Wang Peng’s regular customers often became fat.
4. Yong Hui’s menu gave customers more emery-giving food.
No. it gave them protective food but no energy-giving or body-building food.
6. Wang Peng decided to compete with Yong Hui by copying her menu.
He decided to advertise the benefits of his menu and make his food cheaper.
Reading Comprehension III
1. Wang Peng felt frustrated because ____.
A. he failed to serve better food
B. his restaurant was to close
C. his business was not as good as ever
D. he got complaints from customers
that it is probably better, if _____.
A. we eat less meat
B. we eat more fruit
C. we eat less junk food
D. we eat a balanced diet
Problems with foods offered
mutton kebabs, roast
pork, fried rice, cola,
Use your wonderful imagination to continue the story.What will be the end of the story?
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
First wealth is health.
1. Retell the text.
(1) Use the first person to retell the story.
(2) Try to use proper prepositions and conjunctions.
2. Prepare for the language learning and do Using Words and Expressions on WB (Page 49and 50).