Presentation of Manifesto of Prof. Tawatchai Tingsanchali For Position of Vice President For Education, AIT 22 August 2005. AIT, Its Inputs and Outputs. Collaborations with other Institutions. Alumni Support. AIT Faculty/Staff Academic Program Classroom &Teaching Facility
Prof. Tawatchai Tingsanchali
For Position of Vice President
For Education, AIT
22 August 2005
Collaborations with other Institutions
Academic Program Classroom &Teaching Facility
Doctoral, Master & other Graduates
Support from Donors,
Projects &Training Outputs
Restructuring 4 Schools into 3 Schools
1. to develop multi- or inter-disciplinary programs and innovative research topics.
2. to share knowledge and resources to increase stability and sustainability of AIT.
3. to increase the significance of restructuring.
Sustainability of Schools and AIT through interdisciplinary program and Mutual Support
Problems and Needs for Improvement
Academic calendar of AIT program and Mutual Support
1959-1974 AIT was based on semester system as Chulalongkorn University
1975-2002 AIT changed from semester to trimester system with staggered intakes due to insufficient dormitory space and facilities
2003-present AIT changes from trimester to semester with only one intake per year for the following reasons
1. To match academic calendar with most of universities in USA, Europe and Asia under semester system
2. To allow more exchanged students from Europe and other universities to enter AIT at the start of semesters.
3. To provide more time for faculty members to concentrate in research and consultancy works.
Academic Curriculum Certification program and Mutual Support
Assessment of Individual Faculty /staff Performance and Interaction with others
“It is my esteem privilege to have an opportunity to serve as Vice President for Education of AIT”
With my best wishes and sincere thanks.