Presentation of Manifesto of Prof. Tawatchai Tingsanchali For Position of Vice President For Education, AIT 22 August 2005. AIT, Its Inputs and Outputs. Collaborations with other Institutions. Alumni Support. AIT Faculty/Staff Academic Program Classroom &Teaching Facility
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Presentation of Manifesto of
Prof. Tawatchai Tingsanchali
For Position of Vice President
For Education, AIT
22 August 2005
AIT, Its Inputs and Outputs
Collaborations with other Institutions
Academic Program Classroom &Teaching Facility
Doctoral, Master & other Graduates
Support from Donors,
Projects &Training Outputs
UNIQUENESS OF AIT
Restructuring 4 Schools into 3 Schools
Remarks on Academic Restructuring (cont)
1. to develop multi- or inter-disciplinary programs and innovative research topics.
2. to share knowledge and resources to increase stability and sustainability of AIT.
3. to increase the significance of restructuring.
Sustainability of A Stand Alone School
Sustainability of Schools and AIT through interdisciplinary program and Mutual Support
Problems and Needs for Improvement
Academic calendar of AIT
1959-1974 AIT was based on semester system as Chulalongkorn University
1975-2002 AIT changed from semester to trimester system with staggered intakes due to insufficient dormitory space and facilities
2003-present AIT changes from trimester to semester with only one intake per year for the following reasons
1. To match academic calendar with most of universities in USA, Europe and Asia under semester system
2. To allow more exchanged students from Europe and other universities to enter AIT at the start of semesters.
3. To provide more time for faculty members to concentrate in research and consultancy works.
Academic Curriculum Certification
Assessment of Individual Faculty /staff Performance and Interaction with others
“It is my esteem privilege to have an opportunity to serve as Vice President for Education of AIT”
With my best wishes and sincere thanks.