U.S./ World’s Response to the Rising Aggression. US 2 Advanced. Previous Attempts to Keep Peace. Washington Conference 1921 Kellogg Briand Pact World Disarmament Conference – Geneva,1932 Again, France wanted to create an international army to counter Germany’s growing power
U.S./ World’s Response to the Rising Aggression
US 2 Advanced
Japan’s Rising Aggression
Get with a partner, fill out Japan aggression sheet.
- Japan unconcerned, ultimately expanded aggression attacking Shanghai and Nanjing killed thousands of civilians.
- Rejected League of Nations and any Naval limitations from Washington Conference
- Became allies with Hitler and Mussolini
1. Oil excluded from sanctions
2. Not effectively enforced
3. Leading Countries Do Not Follow Along
Ex. Britain allows Italian ships through the Suez Canal on way to Ethiopia
a. Ethiopian emperor basically makes Eulogy
b. Threatens France w/ a two front war
c. Diplomacy is now a shift in ideology over interests