1. Gathering Feedback and Driving Innovation Troy Lauer, salesforce.com
Aurore Wu, salesforce.com
Rick Gary, Carestream Health
4. Look familiar to you?
5. How about this?
6. Have you ever asked these questions? I want to get feedback
but where do I start?
What questions should I be asking and how many?
What should I do with the responses?
Will I really learn anything from a survey?
What are some of the best survey tools out there?
Can I - or should I - do this in Salesforce CRM?
7. What we will talk about in this session
8. The value of gathering feedback Your user community is a valuable source of info
Understand what your users really need to succeed
Give users a voice
Make them part of the process
Drive adoption by giving users the features/functionality they need
Remember: if your users dont succeed, you wont succeed
10. Surveys Typical Needs
11. Survey tools Determining the right one for you How do you gather feedback today?
How complex do you need your Survey Solution to be?
Is it one survey for all users?
Do you need the answers to connect to contacts or leads?
How many surveys to do you intend to send?
Does the delivery of surveys need to be auto-response or manually sent by users?
How many questions do you plan to ask in each survey?
Which version of Salesforce CRM are you currently running?
12. Survey tools
13. Survey Tools Partner Comparison
14. Types of questions Strategic vs. Tactical surveys
Determine what you are trying to discover or validate
Alignment between business needs and app configuration
Mix in enough qualitative questions
Give users a chance to articulate what they need and how theyre doing
15. Asking the right questions Qualitative and quantitative Communication
Are communications: too frequent, not frequent enough, just right? Describe the communication quality
Do you track your daily activities in Salesforce CRM?
Do you use reports/dashboards?
Where do you spend most of your time in Salesforce CRM? (e.g., contacts, accounts, opportunity, cases, etc.)
Rate your expertise with Saleforce CRM
Which area would you like to gain further understanding (leads, managing accounts, opportunity management, forecasting, reporting, other)
Does your manager use Salesforce CRM?
Are you receiving the value?
Provide any specific capabilities youd like to see added to Salesforce CRM
16. Closing the survey loop Communication is king!
Have realistic dates set for completing surveys and providing summary of findings
Analyzing your data
If you received specific feedback, make sure you respond directly to that user
Both negative and positive
Set expectations regarding how feedback will be used
Where do you go from here? Other Salesforce CRM apps such as Ideas
18. All About Carestream Health
19. Baseline Multiple Opportunity and Funnel Management tools in place around the world
No ability to roll-up into a single worldwide view
Significant issues with forecast accuracy
Significant issues with funnel quality
20. Methodology We knew roughly where we wanted to be and didnt have the time for a year long investigation and requirements setting process before we started
So we started with the roof first
Attack the highest pain points for the business
Built visible value for Senior Management very quickly
Fill in the blanks and expand functionality along the way
This drove a much more interactive and iterative approach to the project
Not for the faint of heart or risk averse!
21. Roll-Out Overarching vision of our CRM solutions based on history and pain points at first
evolved and solidified over time
Small Pilot 1 Region, 1 Product Line, Hand Picked Lead Users (10)
Expanded Pilot 1 Region, One Product Line, All Users (50)
Global Roll-out All Regions, All Product Lines, All Users (750)
Executive Sponsorship built over time with tangible results
Utilized Lead Users and Executive Interviews to design the screen layouts and workflows to achieve a rapid deployment
User Surveys would be used in the future to set direction and course correct
22. User Survey Baseline in July used to set the 2H 08 strategy
Will re-survey in December to validate and set 1H 09 strategy
Utilized Survey Monkey
EASY to use
23. Introduction - Set the tone and expectations
24. Users Who are they and what do they do?
25. Usage How are they using the system today?
26. Usage Where do you spend your time?
27. Usage - Benefits
29. New Features
31. Next Steps Expanding Functionality
Back-office operations to solve for productivity
Integration with SAP R3
Focusing on Users
Want to learn more about Reports, Dashboards & Forecasting
Want help with managing Opportunities and Accounts
Developing programs to work on Sales Rep productivity
Utilizing the rich data that now resides in the system and see what this thing can do!
32. Key Points Started with a Vision
Ready, Fire, Course Correct methodology
Aggressive, but not reckless attitude
Listen, Listen, Listen. There are great ideas out there, you just need to find them.
Dont get too enamored with your own plans and continuously look for ways to add immediate value to the various publics
Be careful for the Christmas Morning Syndrome
Implementing each component of the CRM suite has opened a window into our current processes.
Many bad practices were masked by the inability to see the detail
Now that you see them, the incentive to fix is exponentially greater
Use the project to remodel the house while you live in it
34. Innovation is the Lifeblood of Any Organization
37. Introducing Salesforce CRM Ideas
39. Ideas Best Practices From a Salesforce CRM Admin
40. The Future is Here Apply what youve learned Many tools out there dont overcomplicate
Ask the right questions at the right time
Analyze results and communicate back to your users
Setup a continual feedback loop
Be flexible maintain ability to course correct
Harness the power of your users
Keep adoption levels high
Help you drive innovation
41. Session Feedback Let us know how were doing and enter to win an iPod nano! Please score the session from 5 to 1 (5=excellent,1=needs improvement) in the following categories:
Overall rating of the session
Quality of content
Strength of presentation delivery
Relevance of the session to your organization
43. Gathering Feedback and Driving Innovation Troy Lauer, salesforce.com
Aurore Wu, salesforce.com
Rick Gary, Carestream Health