William Harvey Hospital Pathology Dept Christmas Quiz 2010. Wed December 15 th 2010 For one day only Your host:Bill Chaffe. Rules / Prizes. Please work on your own – don’t cheat!! 1 point for each correct answer (40 possible) Quiz sheet to be marked by person to your left
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
William Harvey HospitalPathology Dept Christmas Quiz 2010
Wed December 15th 2010
For one day only
Your host:Bill Chaffe
13. How many B vitamins are there?
14. What is the oldest recorded age for a patient with sickle cell disease?
15. When was haemoglobin first discovered?
16. What date did William Harvey discover the circulation of blood?
17. Howell Jolly Bodies are a feature of what cells?
18. Which is not a recognised species of malaria
19. Which of these is the odd one out?
20. Name the tests that make up a renal function profile
21. Potassium levels are affected by haemolysis True or False?
22. A glucose sample can be used to measure electrolytes True or False?
23. What tests are part of a routine ‘Thyroid function’ test?
24. How many different coloured vacutainers are processed by pathology?
25. What colour request paper characterises a request from pPCI?
26. What is the electronic pathology request ordering system used by GP surgeries called?
27. What speed are coagulation samples centrifuged at prior to testing?
28. How many individual samples are processed by EKHUFT pathology each year? (to nearest 100,000)
29. What nationality was the discoverer of the ABO blood groups?
30. What is the most common ABO group in Kent?
31. How often may a fit person donate blood each year?
32. What is the bleep number of your site transfusion practitioner?
33. How many different blood group systems are there?
34. The correct way to transport a sample for cryoglobulins is
35. Which of these is not needed in order to diagnose myeloma?
36. What bodily function isn’t possible in outer space?
37. Who developed a vaccine against rabies in 1885?
38. How many chromosomes does a garden pea have?
39. How many staff work within Pathology at WHH?
40. Name a WHH ward connected to William Harvey (the person the hospital is named after!)