Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Strategies for Leaders, Challengers, Followers, Nichers
2. Strategies for Market Leaders, Challengers, Followers, Nichers Market Leader Strategies
Expand total market
Defend Market Share
erect outposts to protect weak front
3. Market Leader Strategies (cont) Preemptive Defense
attack the enemy before he attacks you
?wait and see? strategy
market broadening and market diversification
4. Market Leader Strategies (cont) Expanding Market Share
possible antitrust action
pursuit of wrong marketing mix strategy
5. Market Challenger Strategies Must define strategic objective and opponents(s)
Must choose a general attack strategy
frontal or ?head on?
flank or ?blind side?
encirclement or ?blitz?
bypass or attacking easier markets to broaden resource base
guerrilla or small, intermittent attacks
6. Market Follower Strategies Counterfeiter
copies some features
improves on leader
7. Market Niche Strategies Niche specializations include:
product/product line/product feature