WORLD WAR ONE. World War I. REASONS FOR WAR. 1.Europe divided into 2 loose alliances: a. Triple Alliance – Italy, Austria-Hungary & Germany b. Triple Entente - France, Great Britain & Russia. REASONS FOR WAR. 2. Imperialism led to
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1.Europe divided into 2 loose
a. Triple Alliance – Italy,
b. Triple Entente- France,
Great Britain &
3.MILITARISM or aggressive preparation for war grows.
. Militarism also includes:CONSCRIPTION- or military draft. Armies doubled in size by 1914.
*Aus-Hun annexes Bosnia &
Herzegovinia, hurting Serbia’s chance
to create Slavic empire (Most Bosnians are slavic)
*Serbs prep for war & are backed by
*Rus backs down when Germ threatens
to help Aus-Hun
Germ Emperor Kaiser Wilhelm II gives “BLANK CHECK”, promising full support of Aus-Hun, even if Rus gets involved
Czar orders full mobilization on July 29th, 1914.
w/ Fr & Rus
1. Franz Ferdinand (next leader of Aus-Hun) assassinated by Serb terrorists the Black Hand 6/28/14
2. Aus-Hun gets Blank Check from Germany 7/5/14
3. Aus-Hun declares war on Serb 7/28/14
4. Russia Mobilizes army on 7/ 29 – 31/14 against both Aus-Hun & Germ
5. Germans see mobilization as act of war. Declares war on Russia
6. German Schlieffen plan makes Germ invade Belgium & France to get Russia
7. Germany declares war on France 8/3/14
8. Great Britain declares war on Germany 8/4/14
1. Rus moves into E.
Germ & is defeated at
Battles of Masurian
Lakes & Tannenburg by
3. Italy switches sides in 1915 & attacks Aus-Hun.
4. Italy joins Triple Entente, but now
called the ALLIES
(GB, FR, RUS)
6. Rus no longer threat.
7. Bulgaria joins w/ Germ & Aus-Hun. (now Central Powers)
8. Attack & destroy Serbs
in Sept 1915.
Ottoman empire (TURKEY) joins GermNEW ALLIES
control prices, wages &
republic. Signed ARMISTICE (treaty) on Nov. 11, 1918,
Congress to take to meeting. He said they should:
a. reach peace openly & reduce weapons
b. Create a “general association of nations” to guarantee independence. (League of Nations)
c.Must create democracies & self-determination (right of each people to have own nation).
treaties & own selfish interests
Germ to be punished & pay for crimes
1.be stripped of weapons
2. pay REPARATIONS- damages to pay for war
3. create a buffer area btw FR & Germ called Rhineland.
guilt for war.
1. pay reparations
2. reduce army to 100,000
3. get rid of air force &
4. return Alsace & Loraine,
5. Sections of E. Germ given
to create Poland.
now a DMZ, (no weapons)
c. Finland, Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Lithuania, Czechoslovaka Austria, Hungary & Yugoslavia created
d. Br take Iran & Palestine. Called a MANDATE when nation officially governed
by another nation, but not owned by them
of 2000: 2,416
Country billion for Germany
Germany billion for Germany
Romania billion for Germany