Table of Contents. Lecture/Lab/Activity Date Pg#. 22. The Periodic Table9/24/10 47 23. Periodic Def & Trends9/27/10 49 24. Electron config practice10/4/10 51 25. Ions and Oxidation Numbers10/5/10 53 26. Lewis Dot Diagram10/6/10 54
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Table of Contents
22. The Periodic Table9/24/10 47
23. Periodic Def & Trends9/27/10 49
24. Electron config practice10/4/10 51
25. Ions and Oxidation Numbers10/5/10 53
26. Lewis Dot Diagram10/6/10 54
27. Intro to Chemical Bonding10/7/10 57
28. Covalent Bonding10/12/10 61
29. Ionic Bonding 10/14/10 61
30. Ionic vs. Covalent Lab10/18/10 63
31. Metallic Bonding10/19/10 61
32. Molecular Geometry10/21/10 64
33. Writing Chemical Formulas10/25/10 67
34. Naming Ionic Compounds10/26/10 69
35. Ionic Compounds Puzzle10/27/10 71
36. Naming Molecular Compounds10/29/10 73
Naming Molecular Compounds
The student will record lecture notes on naming ionic compounds then practice naming and formula writing in a class activity.
Naming Ionic compoundsâ€“ Lecture
Naming Ionic compounds HW
Prefix System (binary compounds)
1.Less e-neg atom comes first.
2.Add prefixes to indicate # of atoms. Omit mono- prefix on first element.
3.Change the ending of the second element to -ide.
The Seven Diatomic Elements
Br2 I2 N2 Cl2 H2 O2 F2