Illness Management and Recovery Program. William Anthony defined recovery as: … the development of new meaning and purpose in one’s life as one grows beyond the catastrophic effects of mental illness (Anthony, 1993).
William Anthony defined recovery as:
… the development of new meaning and purpose in one’s life as one grows beyond the catastrophic effects of mental illness (Anthony, 1993).
“Unless we are making progress in our nursing every year, every month, every week, take my word for it we are going back.” Florence Nightingale
You don't have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you.- Dan MillmanRecovery….
The disease is progressive. So is recovery
Superman's not brave. You can't be brave if you're indestructible. It's every day people, like you and me, that are brave knowing we could easily be defeated but still continue forward.- unknown
• Instill hope that change is possible
• Develop a collaborative relationship with the treatment team
• Help people establish personally meaningful goals to strive towards
• Teach information about mental illness and treatment options
• Develop skills for reducing relapses, dealing with stress, and coping with symptoms
• Provide information about where to obtain needed resources
• Help people develop or enhance their natural supports for managing their illness and pursuing goals
"...the character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses." -- Jarvis, 1996
"When you're a nurse you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours. -- Anonymous
“They may forget your name but they will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou