Appeasement H/O. Complete the Appeasement H/O After completing 1-4 check in with Ms. Italiano or Mr. Dial. After completing 5-7 check in with Ms. Italiano or Mr. Dial. After completing 8-9 check in with Ms. Italiano or Mr. Dial. Complete 10-11 on your own. German Aggression & Appeasement.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Objective:Analyze the causes of WWII including Axis (German) Expansion & Appeasement
Review of German Troops, 1939
German Aggression 1936-1939
Chamberlain and Hitler at the Munich Agreement
From left to right: Chamberlain, Daladier, Hitler, Mussolini, and Ciano pictured before signing the Munich Agreement, which gave the Sudetenland to Germany.
Czechoslovak Army soldiers on patrol in the Sudetenland in September 1938.
Czechs expelled from the border (Sudetenland) looking for new home, October 1938 .
Czechs protest against Nazi German aggression, Prague, September 22, 1938
Sudeten Germans cheering the arrival of the German Army into the Sudetenland in October 1938.
Sequence of events following the Munich Agreement: the Sudetenland in October 1938.
1. Germany occupies the Sudetenland (October 1938).
2. Poland annexes Zaolzie, an area with a Polish plurality, over which the two countries had fought a war in 1919 (October 1938).
3. Hungary occupies border areas (southern third of Slovakia and southern Carpathian Ruthenia) with Hungarian minorities in accordance with the First Vienna Award (November 1938).
4. On March 15, 1939, during the German invasion of the remaining Czech territories, Hungary annexes Carpathian Ruthenia (which had been autonomous since October 1938).
5. Germany establishing the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia with a puppet government, on March 16, 1939.
6. Meanwhile during the German invasion of Czech territories, a pro-Hitler Catholic-fascist government splits off the remaining territories of Czechoslovakia and declares the Slovak Republic, an Axis client state.
Polish city of Wieluń after German bombing September 1, 1939
Central Historical Question the Sudetenland in October 1938.
Was appeasement the right policy for England in 1938?
TURN IN! 38 POINTS! PROJECT CATEGORY!