Priority Issues and Challenges for Competition Reforms in 7 UP 4 Countries. Lahcen ACHY Carnegie Middle East Center Beirut Research Adviser for 7UP4. Outline. Profile of the 7UP4 countries Two key lessons Three Priorities Three Challenges. Profile of the 7UP4 countries.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Priority Issues and Challenges for Competition Reforms in 7 UP 4 Countries
Carnegie Middle East Center Beirut
Research Adviser for 7UP4
1. Pro-competition policies adopted in 7UP4 countries as part of their structural adjustment programs had adverse effects on consumers and domestic small businesses
2. Complex overlapping regulations
1. Streamline and rationalize regulations (RQ)
2. Focus on most abusive practices to consumers and business
3. Focus on sectors that would make a substantial difference for the poor
1. Strengthen State Capacity
2. Strengthen the advocacy role of CSOs
3. Advocacy for better international governance
Thank you for your attention