Work In Process Project. Define Gateway Review Time from Open-to-Close of Work Orders. Problem Definition. The gap between the Opening and Closing date of Service Work Orders is at a present average of 39 days.
Define Gateway Review
Time from Open-to-Close of Work Orders
Goals to achieve:
The team collected data to understand and account for the factors affecting our goal:
Y=Improve average number of days between opening and closing of service work orders to 30 days.
In order to determine if work orders are being opened and segmented properly, the Team gathered transfer data for the month..
Possible reasons for transfers within same WO :
The Team gathered 165 Service reports from different branches. All service reports were reviewed. Out of the total sample, 51 service reports contained errors (30%).
The main findings were:
AVG Respond Time= 18 DAYS
X6= Office Staff Ratio
WO 1st to Last Day of Labor
• Did you collect additional data? What was measured? What did you learn from the analysis?
The Team obtained the most recent WIP figures, values will be updated reflecting an increase On the original WIP
• What is the opportunity represented by addressing the problem? What are the anticipated impacts on customer satisfaction?
Opportunity will be to collect invoices in a timely manner.
Timely, accurate invoicing will have a positive impact on our customers and their needs.
WIP ProjectANALYZE Questions
• How could this increase our capacity?
By improving our ability to process work orders (efficiency), we will increase our capacity to process additional work orders.
• Have you found any “quick win” improvements?
Quick win: allowed permission to back out work orders only at manager level.
• Has the financial representative been notified of significant changes in facts or assumptions?
Financial representative has not been contacted at this time (will be contacted).