Postmodernism vs Absolute Truth. History of Postmodernism. Definition of Postmodernism. Postmodernism is a philosophy that says absolute truth does not exist. More on Postmodernism ( taken from D. A. Carson)
(taken from D. A. Carson)
1. Absolute certainty is not possible but arrogant – because you are finite, influenced by your background, and unable to see anything as it truly is. It is better to see the many different perspectives of religion and morality.
2. Postmodernism is anti-foundationalist – a reaction to modernism
3. Whatever truth we discover is temporarily located – it is true for you or your community at that time and that is all.
(Taken from Phil Johnson)
1. Eliminate certainty
2. Question authority
3. Obliterate clarity
4. Undermine every notion of objectivity
(Taken from Johnson)
1. Existence of Absolute Truth
2. Christ is the Revelation of Truth
3. The Bible is the Source of Absolute Truth