CASE PRESENTATION. PREPARED BY: SONIA SEBASTIAN LR/DR DEPARTMENT. DEMOGRAPHIC DATA. CASE NO: 123…. NAME:MS. G.XAGE: 36 Y/OSEX: FEMALE DIAGNOSIS: HEMOLYSIS ELEVATED LIVER ENZYMES LOW PLATELET SYNDROME (HELLP SYNDROME). GENERAL.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
HEMOLYSIS ELEVATED LIVER ENZYMES LOW PLATELET SYNDROME (HELLP SYNDROME)
Previous pregnancy with history of hypertension
Women have severe
General activation of the coagulation cascade
Fibrin forms crosslinked networks in the small blood vessels
a microangiopathic hemolytic anemia
The mesh causes destruction of red blood cells (HEMOLYSIS)
platelets are consumed
(LOW PLATELET COUNT)
liver cells suffer ischemia
(ELEVATED LIVER ENZYMES)
Goal: Establish baseline levels early in pregnancy and monitor for progression to HELLP
6. Decreased Cardiac Output related to antihypertensive therapy
7. Knowledge Deficit: the management of therapy and treatment related to misinterpretation of information.
8. Excess Fluid Volume related to glomerular function impairment secondary to the decrease of cardiac output.
9. Impaired Urinary Elimination related to impaired glomerular filtration: anuria and oliguria.
10. Risk for injury related to seizures or to prolonged bed rest or other therapeutic regimens