Freshman Programs: A successful Collaboration between Academic Affairs and Student Affairs. Facilitating Graduation point 4, Strengthened Support for both General Education and Life/Career Goal Clarification for Lower Division Students
10. Be introduced to the bigger picture of higher education
9. Learn strategies to be more academically successful
8. Acquire knowledge about yourself as an integrated social, physical and psychological entity
7. Build a relationship with fellow students and instructor
6. Be introduced to the culture, services and resources of the Sacramento State Community
5. Understand the significance of the teaching and learning process
4. Have a better chance of earning a higher GPA and graduating
3. Understand the relationship of education to personal development
2. Fulfill three units of General Education
1. IT'S FUN!
Each community consists of 2-3 classes, scheduled in a specific cluster of General Education and major classes linked by common themes, assignments, and extra-curricular activities.