EEX 3257. LESSON PLANNING: Objectives. LESSON OBJECTIVE. What should you accomplish by the end of this lesson? – Write a precise lesson objective addressing one of the 6 levels of Bloom’s taxonomy. A Teacher’s Task is to Uncover What Should Be Learned.
LESSON PLANNING: Objectives
What should you accomplish by the end of this lesson?
–Write a precise lesson objective addressing one of the 6 levels of Bloom’s taxonomy
Stop asking, What activity am I going to do? What video should I show? What information should I cover?
Start asking, What do I want my students to learn, achieve, accomplish?
Remember learning has everything to do with what the student accomplishes not what the teacher covers
– Consider objectives from various learning levels
– Pick a verb that clearly states what you want the students to do. The verb must be active (e.g., describe, compare, construct, explain)
– Complete the sentence (Describe what happens when 2 molds grow together.)
– The assignment must have a consistent and familiar format that the students can recognize
– The assignment should be posed daily and in a consistent location
– The assignment must state clearly and simply what students are to accomplish
– Give the students objectives so they know what they are responsible for accomplishing and procedures for meeting those objectives
– Memorize, tell, identify
– Describe, summarize, retell in your own words
– Construct, demonstrate, determine
– Analyze, compare, distinguish
– Predict, compose, invent
– Appraise, judge, support