Wayne Chen Gavin Wu Kyuho Cha Edward Chan. Overview. Background Motivation Our Solution System Overview Future Development Business Case Finances Final Thoughts. Background. Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Study. In 2007, approximately 225,702 people suffer from SCI.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Controls the bottom and top frame
- Allows minimum change to actual
Trajectory of Motion
- 70 Degrees incline
- Users have weak joints that
does not allow for max movement
- Movement range changes with the
mounting position/size of the actuators
- Control both actuator at the same time.
- Put a safety function to detect interference of actuator motion.
- Attach higher quality safety harness to improve comfort and safety.
- Improve visual appeal and design of frame and components
- Sip –n-puff(ideal for quadriplegic people).
- Customize frame to fit the needs of various body type.
- Use different size actuators to control the trajectory of the frame.
Wighton Engineering Development Fund
- High Cost $30,000 - $40,000
- Built as all-in-one unit
- Able to select the features you want
- No mobility
- Separate unit
- Large and bulky (Robust)
- Not all disabled people have the same needs.
- Minimize cost by reuse/upgrade existing wheelchair.
- Could become a part of rehabilitation process.
- Allow better blood flow to the legs
- Decrease work load for nurses/doctors to stand a person up.
Logic one from butterfly : 3.3V
β of the npn: 100
Ib = Ic/ β
R1 = (3.3-0.7)/Ib
R1 = (3.3-0.7)/Ib
Absolute maximum for transistor:
Software: Main Function Flow Chart
Software: Timer ISR
Rf = 2.2 Kohm
Ra = 1 Kohm
R1 = 1 Kohm
S = 1
Rs = 2.2 Kohm
Rx = 3.7 Kohm
Ry = 1.3 Kohm
Max User Weight
Force at Position A = (45.89 Kg + 9.07 Kg)* 9.81m/s^2 = 539.16 N
Moment from Weight at Position A = 539.16N * 82 = 44210.92
Limitation Force at Position B = 44210.92/30 = 1473.70
Max Weight at Position B = 150.22 Kg
- Density, 2.70 g·cm−3