Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Famous Landmarks in the Northeast Regionof the United States
2. The Liberty Bell Philadelphia, Pennsylvania The Liberty Bell, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is a huge bronze bell that symbolizes freedom in the United States of America.
It was originally created in 1752 in London, England. The bell first cracked during a test ringing and it was recast by John Pass and John Stow. The Liberty Bell weighs 2080 pounds!
Hershey, Pennsylvania is considered the chocolate capital of the world
and home to Hershey?s Park.
3. The White House The White House, located in Washington D.C. is the home of the President of the United States.
There are 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, and 6 levels in the Residence. There are also 412 doors, 147 windows, 28 fireplaces, 8 staircases, and 3 elevators.
With five full-time chefs, the White House kitchen is able to serve dinner to as many as 140 guests and hors d'oeuvres to more than 1,000.
What is the name of our
4. Plymouth Rock Plymouth Rock, located in Plymouth, Massachusetts, is an important symbol in American History.
It is the traditional site that represents the arrivals of the Pilgrims in the Mayflower in 1620.
5. Lobsters in Maine Almost 40 million pounds of lobster is caught off the coast of Maine. That?s 90% of all of the delicious lobster eaten in the United States.
More toothpicks are produced in Maine than in any other state ? around 100 million a day!
An estimated one in 2?5 million lobsters is blue. A genetic defect causes a blue lobster
to produce an excessive
amount of protein giving
the lobster its blue color.
6. Other fun facts about the northeast The world?s first professional baseball game was played in Hoboken New Jersey in 1846.
Vermont has the highest ratio
of dairy cows to people in the
country; one cow per four people!
The first circus in the United States
was in Newport, Rhode
Island in 1774.