Grammar unit4 定语从句小节 2011.11.21 高一。 A. Proverbs. 谁笑到最后谁笑得最好。 结局好 , 一切都好。 真正的友谊犹如健康的身体 , 失去时方知其可贵。. He who laughs last laughs best. All is well that end s well. Friendship is like health, the value of which is seldom know until it is lost. 定语从句.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Grammar unit4定语从句小节 2011.11.21 高一。A
He wholaughs last laughs best.
All is well thatends well.
Friendship is like health, the value of
which is seldom know until it is lost.
whose,which, that, as
e.g. This isthe carwhich he bought last year.
Do you know the man?
He spoke just now.
Do you know the man who spoke just now?
whom指人, 在从句中作宾语, 可省略。
e.g. Do you know the man(whom)we saw at the Beijing Hotel?
The girl is from America.
I called her just now.
The girl(whom ) I called just nowis from America.
which指物, 在句中作主语或宾语, 作宾语时可以省略。
e.g. I’m not interested in the bookwhichhas just been published.
I have read the newspaperwhich carriesthe important news.
I have read the newspaper.
It carries the important news.
I showed him the letter.
I received it this morning
I showed him the letter (which) I received this morning.
They’re talking about the film.
I have seen the film.
The house that I’m going to buy faces south.
They’re talking about the film (that) I’ve seen.
Jane has borrowed the book.
It was written by Laoshe.
Jane has borrowed the book that was written by Laoshe.
* 先行词前有下列词语修饰时, 定语从句必须用that引导。
all, every, any, little, few, much, no, only, very, the+序数词, the+形容词最高级
e.g. This is the cleanest parkthat you can imagine.
e.g. This is the only bookthat has been written in French.
e.g. He talked about the things and personshe had visited in the city.
e.g. Who is the man is standing over there.
e.g. She is no longer the girl that she was before she went to the country.
That’s the machine whose parts are too small to see.
That is the new machine.
The parts of it are too small to see.
当先行词是one, ones, anybody, anyone,
all, none, those 等, 指人时一般用who,
Those who want to go to the cinema
will have to wait at the gate of the school.
词在从句中作表语时, 用that, 不用who。
Who is the man that is shouting there?
She is not the girl that she used to be.
3. 先行词是人, 从句中缺动词宾语或
The teacher wants to return the book
to the girl from whom he borrowed it.
He is the student (whom, who, that) you
want to see.
关系代词that, which , whom 在从句中作
The girl got first.
Her father had given us a report.
The girl whose fatherhad given us a report got first.
e.g. That’s the man whose house wasburned down.
1. The famous basketball star, ____ tried
to make a comeback, attracted a lot of
A. where B. when C. which D. who
从句意可知先行词the famous basketball
2. (2006 北京) Women ___ drink more than
two cups of coffee a day have a greater
chance of having heart disease than
those ___ don’t.
A. who;/ B. /; who C. who; who D. /;/
从句都缺少主语, 在定语从句中, 如果是
3. (2006 福建) Look out! Don’t get too
close to the house ___ roof is under
A. whose B. which C. of which D. that
Choose the best answers:
1. This is all ____ I know about the matter.
A. that B. what C. who D. whether
2. Is there anything else _____ you want?
A. which B. that C. who D. what
3. The last place _____ we visited was
the Great Wall.
A. which B. that C. where D. it
4. Please take the second chair __ is over
A. where B. which C. who D. that
5. Is oxygen the only gas __ helps fire burn?
A. that B. / C. which D. it
6. Finally, the thief handed everything
_____ he had stolen to the police.
A. which B. what C. whatever D. that
7. All of the flowers now raised here have
developed from those ____ in the forest.
A. once the grew B. they grew once
C. that once grew D. once grew.
8. I don’t like ____ you speak to her.
A. the way B. the way in that
C. the way which D. the way of which
9. The weather turned out to be very good,
____was more than we expected.
A. what B. which C. that D. it
10. He paid the boy $10 for washing ten
windows; most of ____ hadn’t been
cleaned for ten years.
A. these B. those C. that D. which
Fill in the blanks with who, whom, whose, which and that.
1. The man ____ I saw told me to wait.
2. The man to _____ I spoke was a
3. I know a boy ______ father is an
4. He saw a house _____ windows were
5. All the apples ____ fall are eaten by
6. Can you think of anyone ____ could
look after him?
7. This is the best hotel ____ I know.
8. He showed a machine _____ parts are
too small to be seen.
1. Is that the house ____ you bought last year? A. where B. which
2. Is that the picture ___ you are laughing at? A. which B.where
3. It is the most interesting book ___ I’ll ever read. A. which B. that
4. The street ___ is to the park is very
narrow. A. where B. which
5. The person ___ finds my watch will get
a reward. A. who B. when
6. This is the room __ we listened to the
lecture. A. which B. where
7. The boy ___ mother is ill can not
come to the party.
A. who B. whose
8. Tell me the reason ___ you are late.
A. which B. why
1. Look at that lady______name is Pochi.
2. He is a teacher_________I like very much.
3. Those pictures_________ were drawn by Tom are nice.
4. Those _____ will go to the park stay here.
5. That was all the money ______ I had.
6. Tom is the first boy _____ left the room.
7. Look at the boy and his dog _____ are coming this way.
8. You can read any book _____ I have.
9. That was the year _____ I went to America.
10. we came to the town, ______ we stayed for 2 hours.
1. It is reported that two schools, ____ are
being built in my hometown, will open
next year. (2007 四川)
A. they both B. which both
C. both of them D. both of which
2. We shouldn’t spent our money testing
so many people, most of ___ are healthy.
A. that B. which C. what D. whom
3. Chan’s restaurant on Baker Street,
____ used to be poorly run, is now a
successful business. (2007 浙江)
A. that B. which C. who D. where
4. Human facial expressions differ from
those of animals in the degree ____
they can be controlled on purpose.
A. with which B. to which
C. of which D. for which
5. Last week, only two people came to
look at the house, ____ wanted to buy
it. (2007 安徽)
A. none of them B. both of them
C. none of whom D. neither of whom
6. Eric received training in computer for
one year, _____ he found a job in a big
company. (2007 辽宁)
A. after that B. after which
C. after it D. after this
9. Yesterday she sold her car, ____ she
bought a month ago. (2008浙江)
A. whom B. where
C. that D. which
He showed me the place where he lost his wallet.
I don’t know the girl whom/that you speak to.
She is a girl who is called Mary.
Those boys who are playing tennis are my friends.
Do you remember the day when we arrived here?
1. Finish the exercises on page 29.
2. Read the passage on Page 64. Complete the sentences below, using
who, whom, which, that or whose.