Disorders of the respiratory system 2 . Obstructive Respiratory Disorders. Bronchitis. Bronchitis is an obstructive respiratory disease that may occur in both acute and chronic forms.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Manifestations of chronic bronchitis:
• Productive, chronic cough
• Production of purulent sputum
• Frequent acute respiratory infections
• Hypoxia, cyanosis
• Symptoms of corpulmonale
• Fluid accumulation (edema) in later stages
Treatment of chronic bronchitis:
1. Cessation of smoking or exposure to irritants
2. Bronchodilators to open airway passages
3. Expectorants to loosen mucus
4. Anti - inflammatory to relieve airway inflammation and reduce mucus secretion
5. Prophylactic antibiotics for respiratory infections
6. Oxygen therapy
Mainly caused by: Loss of alveolar (lung) elasticity and a decrease in the overall surface area for gas exchange within the lungs.
Manifestations include the following:
Comparison of Symptoms for
Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema