Good day to thee thou greasy spur-galled scallions!. Essay work on Romeo and Juliet…. Today is a work day… after some vocabulary. Do Now. Why do you suppose that only the death of Romeo and Juliet could end the feud between the families? Explain your answer. Information.
Essay work on Romeo and Juliet…. Today is a work day… after some vocabulary.
Why do you suppose that only the death of Romeo and Juliet could end the feud between the families? Explain your answer.
- may turn the assignment in early
- Due on May 18
- follow the writing process
- Final test on vocabulary
- study, study, study
Prognosis – (n.) a forecast of the probable course and outcome of a disease or situation
Synonyms – prediction, projection
Synonyms – (adj.) scratchy, scraping, abrasive
Antonyms – (adj.) sonorous, smooth, mellow
Determine whom is responsible
- no right or wrong answer, unless you do not support your opinion
- more than 5 sentences
- supporting details
- topic sentences and clincher sentences
Summarize the play before the thesis
- brief summary of events, not the entire plot
Thesis statement should be at the end of the paragraph
- may occur at the beginning
End of the first paragraph
- should look something like this:
Tybalt is the person responsible for the deaths of Romeo and Juliet because he continued to fight against the prince’s order, killed Mercutio, and caused Romeo to be banished.
All should support the thesis statement
- if the support doesn’t match the thesis, then you will need to make changes
Use direct examples from the text
- may cite as, Act I, sc I, ln 30
Restate the Thesis first.
Summarize the points of the paper
The last paragraph should be a wrap up
What did you accomplish today? What do you need to do to complete the essay?