Emergency Veterinary Care. LAT Chapter 12. LAT Presentations Study Tips. If viewing this in PowerPoint, use the icon to run the show. Mac users go to “Slide Show > View Show” in menu bar Click on the Audio icon: when it appears on the left of the slide to hear the narration.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
LAT Chapter 12
1. Keep the patient quiet and warm (not hot).
2. Administer intravenous fluids.
3. Administer antibiotics.
Neonatal mini-pigs under a heat lamp
A trapped muzzle?
Prepare emergency cart in anticipation of emergencies:
1. Kirk, R.W. and Bistner, S.I. Handbook of Veterinary Procedures and Emergency Treatment, 6th Ed. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, 1995.
2. Recognition and Alleviation of Pain and Distress in Laboratory Animals, National Research Council, National Academy Press, 1992.
3. Knecht, C.D. et al. Fundamental Techniques in Veterinary Surgery, 3rd Ed. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, 1987.