Emergency Veterinary Care. LAT Chapter 12. LAT Presentations Study Tips. If viewing this in PowerPoint, use the icon to run the show. Mac users go to “Slide Show > View Show” in menu bar Click on the Audio icon: when it appears on the left of the slide to hear the narration.
LAT Chapter 12
1. Keep the patient quiet and warm (not hot).
2. Administer intravenous fluids.
3. Administer antibiotics.
Neonatal mini-pigs under a heat lamp
A trapped muzzle?
Prepare emergency cart in anticipation of emergencies:
1. Kirk, R.W. and Bistner, S.I. Handbook of Veterinary Procedures and Emergency Treatment, 6th Ed. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, 1995.
2. Recognition and Alleviation of Pain and Distress in Laboratory Animals, National Research Council, National Academy Press, 1992.
3. Knecht, C.D. et al. Fundamental Techniques in Veterinary Surgery, 3rd Ed. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, 1987.