Strains And Sprains. Oh My Aching …. Definitions. Sprain: A sprain is a stretch in a ligament, the tough tissue band that connects the bones of a joint. Strain: A strain is a tear or stretch in a muscle or a tendon, the chord-like tissue that connects muscles to bones or other muscles.
Oh My Aching ….
6. Most workplace sprains and strains occur because of poor material-handling techniques. T or F
7. Stretching during the shift will help warm your muscles. T or F
8. Chronic Strain is due to changing work positions. T or F
9. Repetitive Motion injuries are a result of doing the same thing over and over every few seconds. T or F
10. Power tools or jackhammers can cause damage to the hands and fingers. T or F
11. Pain in the lower back is the most common work-related back problem. T or F
12. “Swinging Motion” means to work with your arms. T or F
13. Always elevate a strain. T or F
14. Strains require application of ice. T or F
14. FQuiz Answer Sheet