LTE(S)R Romania. Management plan proposal - Convergence of the National LTSER and European structures-. Dr. Mihai Adamescu Department of Systems Ecology University of Bucharest. National network – history. European context – already started from 2000
Management plan proposal
- Convergence of the National LTSER and European structures-
Dr. Mihai Adamescu
Department of Systems Ecology
University of Bucharest
According to our analytical framework a LT(S)ER pilot area is identified as:
Based on data and knowledge analysis, and taking into consideration the existing
historical data that allows the characterization of the structure and function of the
ecological components, the Romanian Network was developed.
Other areas are also in discussions in order to better cover the heterogeneity of the
socio-ecological complexes at national level.
Romanian biogeographical regions and the national LTSER network
(Cazacu & colab, 2006)
Level 1 ecoregion and the coverage by the LTSER sites (Cazacu & colab, 2006)
The management plan is one of the outputs of a national project aiming at the
development and strengthening the LTER network in Romania. In this spring we had
elections and all the aspects presented here are already discussed and accepted by
the Romanian LTER community.
1. Understanding biodiversity dynamics (composition, structure and functioning processes) in the local and regional socio-ecological complexes, under pressure of interacting driving forces: human colonization and resources exploitation; pollution; alien species and climate changes.
2. Assessing ecosystem and landscape functions, and resources and services flows along their development cycle.
3. Social research supporting societal certification of major strategies, policies and projects, regarding biodiversity conservation, sustainable use and ecological restoration.
Aim: Strategic administrative decision at national level
Members: Administrators of LTSER sites (research station directors or natural park chiefs)
Development of the strategy and network proposals for research themes and infrastructure
Institutions with research activities in the LTSER sites (one person fro each institution)
The proposed structure is in line with the European LTER proposal
Coordination of national LTSER
- Prof. Dr. Angheluta Vadineanu
at Department of Systems Ecology/University of Bucharest
- Life Watch;
- Life plus
- research projects
1.1. Ministry of Education and Research
– National Research Agency (NRA) and National University Research Council (NURC).
1.2. Ministry of Environment and Water Management (MEWM) – - National Agency for Environmental Protection (NAEP);
- National Company for Water Resources Management (NCWRM);
- National Agencies for Protected Arias (NAPA).
1.3. Ministry of Agriculture, Forest and Rural Development
– National Company for Forest Administration – ROMSILVA
1.4. Regional Development Agencies (8)
1.5. Local authorities
1.6. Natural reserves administrations