Chapter 5: Groups and Teamwork. Amanda Tumbach Gary McInenly Raynard Enriquez Adam Baker. Groups and Teams. Groups vs. Teams 4 types of teams. Groups and Teams. used as a way to better utilize employee talents. outperform individuals
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Chapter 5:Groups and Teamwork
Groups and Teams
Groups vs. Teams
4 types of teams
From Individual to Team Member
Stages Of Group and Team Development
The Five-Stage Model
The Punctuated-Equilibrium Model
Creating Effective Teams
Model of Team Effectiveness
- Work Design- Composition
- Process- Context
Roles and Diversity
Preference for teamwork
Evaluation and Rewards
1. Task oriented roles: performed by group members to ensure that tasks are accomplished
2. Maintenance roles: carried out to ensure that group members maintain good relations
(groups consisting of 12 or more individuals)
1. Presence of adequate resources
2. Effective leadership
3. Performance evaluation/Reward system
Performance Evaluation and Rewards
1. helping the team to achieve small successes and skill training
2. provide training to improve workers technical and
Social Loafing and Accountability
Teams and Workforce Diversity
Advantages & Disadvantages
How do you know if teams are for you ?
Three tests can be applied
1. Can the work be done better by more then one person.
2. Does the work create a common purpose or set of goals for the people in the group that is more than aggregate of individual goals.
3. Are members of the group interdependent.